How to Find the Right Occupational Therapist for Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder

Michele Schwartz, MS, OTR/L

It is important to understand OTs specialize in different areas. There are generally 3 types of medial model occupational therapy for children.

Motor, feeding, and sensory. Additionally, there is also educational school-based therapy.

Many experienced therapists can treat children with many different difficulties.

If you’re looking for the best OT for your child over the age of 3 with SPD you should be looking at a clinic that specializes in sensory processing disorders.

These are commonly called “sensory clinics”

The most significant difference is between school-based OTs and medical-based OTs.

Learn More

The Virtual Pediatric OT

Other Articles